Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Michael's 26th Birthday Festivities




Sweet little Jack was sleepy-excited for Dad's birthday excitement to begin. Our neighbor Sarah was an awesome chauffeur and decoy for the somewhat surprise evening we planned for Michael. We first went to the Temple and walked around the grounds for a few minutes and then Sarah drove around town a bit to confuse Michael as to where we were. (I didn't insist on the blindfold this year--he just had to close his eyes. I had to show some mercy after I made him carsick last year!) We ended up at the Cope's house where we enjoyed Michael's favorite Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza that I'd made earlier that day. After dinner, our wonderful friends the Travellers and the Walkers joined us for dessert and talking. We were supposed to play games...but we had too much fun just chatting and watching Michael roll around on the floor with Tommy and give him horse rides on his back. He's SOO great with kids! Especially with our little Jackson.
By now you're probably wondering why Mike is in a picture with two other women~ Well, it was a multi-birthday party because Laura and Randi both have birthdays this week as well. We enjoyed some yummy carrot cake together.
On Saturday, I took Michael out for a birthday lunch at Orlandos. Are we surprised that he ordered pizza, even though he had it the night before? Not really! I think he's obsessed. I'm just glad he's still a kid at heart and that he let the staff come sing him happy birthday and bring free dessert! I'm proud of my 26 year-old man!

No comments:

Post a Comment